Apple launched new payments modes for App store-related payments in India.Until now, users are required to add their debit or credit card details to purchase any app. But now Apple users have three new way to make payments UPI account, RuPay and net banking.You can add details of your UPI accounts for auto renewal apps and also to buy new apps.
However, Apple already notified their users about the inclusion of these new payments modes. “New ways to pay for the content you love”. You can now use UPI, RuPay cards, and net banking to purchase on the App Store. Apple uses the separate page to add details how users can add the new and more convenient payment modes.
Moreover, users are required to update to the latest version of iOS, iPad, or macOS in order to get these features.
Following are the method to add a new payment mode to your IPhone:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the Apple ID that appears at the top of the screen
- Select the Payment and Shipping option and enter your Apple ID credentials, as Apple will ask you to sign in.
- To add a new payment mode, tap on Add Payment Method
- Apple will guide you to add your UPI or RuPay details, follow the steps and fill up the details.
- You can also remove an existing payment method by tapping on the Edit option. You can add multiple payment modes to your Apple ID.
Further, you can also add new payment modes using your MacBook. Following is the way to to add RuPay or UPI to your Mac account.
First go to the App Store and dial your Apple ID and password using the sign-in button.
Then go to View Information and then tap on Manage Payments option.
Tap on Add payments method and then Add payment. However, using the same steps, you can add details of your UPI, Rupay or net banking account.
Lastly, you can also add a new payment method by clicking on this link- https://learn.applepay.apple/indiapaymentmethods. Go to the Set-Up Now option and follow the steps to add a new payment mode to your Apple ID.