Tecno launched its latest affordable smartphone Tecno Spark 8 from the company owned by China’s Transsion Holdings. However, the new smartphone has little changes over the Tecno Spark 7 that was introduced earlier this year in regular Android and Android Go models.
Moreover, in terms of changes, the Tecno Spark 8 sport a 5,000mAh battery that is smaller in capacity than the 6,000mAh battery in the Tecno Spark 7. The new smartphone also comes in a single 64GB onboard storage while the previous model had 32GB and 64GB storage options. Also read : realme GT Neo 2 with 6.62-inch FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED display launch on September 22
Tecno Spark 8 specifications
- 6.52-inch HD+ (720×1,600 pixels) Dot Notch display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, 480 nits of peak brightness, and 120Hz of touch sampling rate.
- powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio A25 SoC.
- 2GB of LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB of eMMC 5.1 onboard storage that supports expansion via microSD card (up to 256GB) through a dedicated slot
- dual-SIM (Nano)
- runs on Android 11 (Go edition) with HiOS v7.6 on top.
- The Tecno Spark 8 comes with a dual rear camera setup that houses a 16-megapixel primary sensor along with an f/1.8 lens and an AI lens with an f/2.0 aperture, coupled with a quad LED flash. The rear camera setup supports features such as AI Beauty, Smile Shot, AI Portrait, HDR, AR Shot, Filters, Time-lapse, Panorama, and Slow Motion.
- For selfies and video chats, the Tecno Spark 8 comes with an 8-megapixel selfie camera sensor at the front, with an f/2.0 lens. The rear camera setup is also paired with dual LED flash.
- rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB, and a 3.5mm headphone jack connectivity.
- Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light, and a proximity sensor.
- The Tecno Spark 8 comes with. Connectivity options include. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light, and a proximity sensor. The phone also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Tecno Spark 8 price in India, availability
Tecno Spark 8 comes with a three colour option such as Atlantic Blue, Iris Purple, and Turquoise Cyan colours. It is price at Rs. 7,999 for the lone 2GB RAM + 64GB storage variant. The phone comes in and will go on sale through retail stores starting Wednesday, September 15.