Samsung set to introduced it’s latest smart-watch the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 at the Galaxy Unpacked event tomorrow, August 11th. However, with this Samsung also want to introduce the Exynos Exynos W920 5nm. The world’s first wearables SoC that uses 5-nanometer (nm) extreme ultra-violet (EUV) process node. It also has built-in LTE modem.
Also read : Best Smart-Watch To Buy In June 2021.
Highlights of Samsung Exynos W920
- Samsung introduce Exynos W920 comes with a 2 x Arm Cortex-A55 cores for high-performing yet power-efficient processing, Arm Mali-G68 GPU
- Around 20% improved CPU performance and 10 times better graphics performance than its predecessor
- Moreover, it has interactive eye-catching 3D graphical user interface (GUI) on a device’s qHD (960×540) display
- Fan-Out Panel Level Packaging (FO-PLP) offers the smallest package currently available in the market for wearables
- Further, it has includes incorporates power management IC (PMIC), LPDDR4 and embedded multimedia card (eMMC) in the same package using System-in-Package-embedded Package on Package (SiP-ePoP) configuration
- Always-on-display (AOD) uses low-power display processor Cortex-M55, reducing display power consumption compared to previous Exynos model
- Built-in 4G LTE Cat.4 modem and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) L1 for tracking speed, distance and elevation during outdoor activities
Samsung said that the Exynos W920 5nm supports a new unified wearable platform Samsung built jointly with Google. And it will be first applied to the upcoming Galaxy Watch 4. We should know more details about the smartwatch when it goes official tomorrow.