Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has launched it’s latest budget Redmi smartphone the Redmi 9 Activ in India, a year after the launch of Redmi 9. However, it hold on to the a 6.53-inch HD+ HD+ 20:9 Dot Drop display. Also, it is powered by MediaTek Helio G35, but this has up to 6GB of RAM. Additionally, it is features a 13-megapixel rear camera and a secondary 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front and runs Android 10 with MIUI 12.
Talking about the design, the phone comes with a textured design on the back that prevents fingerprints, has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and sport a 5000mAh battery.
Redmi 9 Activ specifications
- 6.53-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD Dot Drop screen with 400 nits brightness, 70% NTSC colour gamut
- 2.3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G35 processor with 680MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9×77.07×9.0mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Redmi 9 Activ comes in with three colour variant such as Carbon Black, Coral Green and Metallic Purple colours. And it is priced at Rs. 9499 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 10999. It will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com and Mi Home stores starting today at 12 noon.