In the past few years, the evolution in 5G technology has been drastically increase. As it enable a broad range of capabilities and products. Today, Qualcomm has introduced its Qualcomm Flight RB5 5G platform for the next generation 5G drones.
Also read : DIZO GoPods D Under Rs.1599 Full Review
Qualcomm Flight RB5 5G Platform include:
- CPU : Kryo 585 CPU, UP TO 2.84 GHZ
- ISP: Qualcomm Spectra 480ISP with Dual 14-bit image signal processing
- Camera : up to 200 MP photo capture, up to 25 MP dual camera@30FPS with Zero Shutter Lag, Up to 64 MP single camera@30 FPS with Zero Shutter Lag. Support for 12 cameras by D-PHY and 18 cameras by C-PHY(7 concurrent)
- Video : 8K video capture @30 FPS, up to 10-bit color depth video capture, 4K video capture @120 4k HDR video capture
- GPU : Adreno 650 GPU with support for open GL ES and OpenCL
- DSP: Hexagon 698 DSP with HVX, Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- Memory & Storage : LPDDR5 uo to 2750 MHz, LPDDR4x up to 2133 MHz. Memory Density : up to 16 GB
- Wireless connectivity : Advance connectivity using Qualcomm “FastConnect” 6800 system with Wifi 6, Wifi 6 ready, 802.11 ad, 802.11ay, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n. Support for Dual-band simultaneous(DBS), WPA3 Enterprise, WPA3-Enhance Open, WPA3 Easy Connect, WPA3-Personal, Bluetooth 5.1, Optional 5G, LTE, CBRS
- Modem(optional) : 2G/3G/4G/5G-mmWave and sub-6 GHz bands(Rel.15) 3.7 Gnps DL, 2.5 Gbps Ul, 400 Mhz mmW, 100MhZ sub 6
- Security : Camera security, crypto engine, cryptographic accelerator, Qualcomm trusted execution environment, secure boot. Qualcomm crypto engine core is FIPS 140-2 certified.
The Flight RB5 5G is the world’s first drone platform and reference design with 5G and AI capabilities. Moreover, this platform has been introduce to help accelerate development for enterprise, industrial, and commercial drones. Additionally, the Flight RB5 5G Platform is powered by the Qualcomm QRB5165 processor. Also it is equip with a Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit to support modern drone demands. And supports Wi-Fi 6, 5G connectivity.
Commenting on this, Dev Singh, senior director, business development, and general manager of autonomous robotics, drones, and intelligent machines, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. said:
We have continued to engage many leading drone companies, enabling 200+ global robotics and drone ecosystem members in addition to consistently driving and promoting worldwide drone standardization and transformative 5G capabilities in organizations such as 3GPP, GSMA, the Global UTM Alliance, the Aerial Connectivity Joint Initiative (ACJA) and ASTM. We are proud to continue our momentum of enabling the digital transformation of global industries by unveiling the Qualcomm Flight RB5 5G Platform, a solution that is purpose-built for drone development with enhanced autonomy and intelligence features, bringing premium connected flight capabilities to industrial, enterprise and commercial segments.
Last but not least, the drone reference design is available for pre-sale now through ModalAI. And the development kit is expect to be available in Q4 2021. With this platform, it accelerates and scales development for Drone Manufacturers to deliver powerful and purpose-built industrial and enterprise 5G Drones.
Moreover, this platform also supports the faster 5G mm Wave band. The company is working with Verizon to complete network testing. Further, expects the platform will be offer via the Verizon Thingspace Marketplace.