OnePlus has confirmed that the company’s upcoming OnePlus Nord2 5G phone will comes with the Media-Tek Dimensity 1200 SoC processer. Moreover, the company also announced that OnePlus Nord 2 5G packs with new AI based features. Which increase the user experience across various touch-points. However, the new AI capabilities of the chipset comes with a new name Dimensity 1200-AI, said by the OnePlus and MediaTek.
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G will combined , display enhancements for a top-ranking user experience, better response times for faster, AI-assisted photography for superior imaging and smoother gaming, and much more, confirm the company.
Highlights of AI features in OnePlus Nord2 5G
- MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI also gives a superior gaming experience. Users will be able to game at high refresh rate with titles like Brawl Stars. Users can also take advantage of the device’s low latency, improved heat management, and efficient power consumption to game for longer.
- Smart Ambient Display utilizes AI to dynamically control the brightness of the display based on the lighting conditions around users. And the content being display on the screen, ensuring an intuitive, comfortable viewing experience at all times
- Visual experiences are more dynamic and intuitive with the deep integration of AI technologies. Key enhancements include AI Color Boost technology. Which utilizes the context awareness capabilities of AI to automatically convert standard dynamic range to high dynamic range. AI Resolution Boost automatically enhances video resolution to HD resolution on popular social media apps.
- AI imaging technology enables a smarter, more responsive photography experience with enhanced results.
- For stills, AI Photo Enhancement is capable of recognizing up to 22 different photography storyline and automatically adjusts the color tones and contrast to ensure photos are optimize for maximum quality even at night and in other low-light environments.
- AI-customized chipset uses DOL-HDR technology to improve image quality, adjust tuning while live recording, and enhance the color range and color accuracy of videos. This results in better shadow detail, highlight retention and greater dynamic range.
- For videos, the AI Video Enhancement feature enables live HDR effects in real time during recording.
OnePlus Nord 2 5G India launch soon
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G will launch in India soon, according to the teaser posted by the company. As usual, it will be sold on Amazon.in after the launch. Recent rumours say that it will be introduced by the end of this July.
OnePlus Nord 2 5G rumoured specifications
The phone is surprisingly feature a 6.43-inch punch-hole display, same as the Nord CE, And, it features same FHD+ AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate. Additionally, the phone is expect to come with a 50MP IMX766 primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP B&W sensor for portrait shots. It is also said to feature a 32MP front camera and a 4500mAh battery. The smart-phone is said to measure 160 x 73.8 x 8.1mm.
Commenting on the upcoming phone, Pete Lau, Founder of OnePlus, said:
At OnePlus, we are commit to sharing the best technology with the world. And the OnePlus Nord line reaffirms this mission in a more accessible price category. The fast and smooth smartphone experience is an integral part of what makes OnePlus unique. And we are always seeking new ways and technologies that allow us to bring that experience to more users.
Dr. JC Hsu, Corporate VP and GM of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit, said:
The Dimensity 1200-AI is the first example of MediaTek’s Dimensity Open Resource Architecture initiative, optimizing the powerful Dimensity 1200 5G chipset to deliver a customized experience for OnePlus users. As AI is reshaping the future of chipset technology, this initiative gives brands like OnePlus access to the latest AI-powered capabilities with the flexibility to innovate in new and exciting ways.