UK based consumer tech company Nothing has launched the company’s most-expected true wireless earbuds the Nothing ear (1). For the matter of design, it comes with a a transparent design to expose the engineering, including microphones, magnets and circuit board. Additionally, it includes an 11.6 mm driver, has Bluetooth 5.2 and comes with Active Noise Cancellation.
It has an very fast noticeable red colour signal for ‘Right’ to the case’s playful fisheye dip that helps secure the buds. Each earbud weighs in at just 4.7gm, and delivers pressure-relieving vents, an ergonomic fit, and three customisable liquid silicone tips.
Moreover, Active Noise Cancellation on ear (1) uses three high definition mics. There is Light mode for moderate noise cancellation and Maximum mode for noisier environments like when on an airplane or at the office. There is also a Transparency mode. Further, it uses Clear Voice Technology that is specially-developed for ear (1) to decrease distractive background noise, like wind. Additional features include Find My Earbud, EQ, Active Noise Cancellation and Gesture Control customisation via the ear (1) App, as well as In-Ear Detection and Fast Pairing. The ear (1) earbuds are also sweat and water splash resistant.
Last but not least, it promises up to 5.7 hours of listening time and up to 34 hours with the case. It also sport ultra-fast charging, so a 10 minutes charge of the case delivers up to 8 hours of listening for a day’s power. The case also has Qi wireless charging.
Nothing ear (1) specifications
- 11.6mm dynamic driver, 0.34CC chamber
- Bluetooth 5.2, AAC and SBC codec, compatible with Android 5.1 and later and iOS 11 and later
- Up to 40db Smart Adaptive Noise cancellation with 2 modes (Light and Maximum), Transparency mode
- 3-mic call noise cancellation
- Sweat and water-resistant (IPX4)
- Dimensions Earbud: 28.9x 21.5x 23.5mm;Charging box: 58.6×58.6×23.7mm
- Weight: Earbud: 4.7g; Charging box: 57.4 g
- 31mAh battery in buds offers up to 5.7 hours (without ANC) / 4 hours (with ANC) music playback, 34h (without ANC) / 24h (with ANC) with 570mAh charging case, Qi wireless charging
- Fast charging– 10 mins for 8 hours (without ANC) / 6 hours (with ANC) for case charging, 10 min earphones charging 1.2h hours (without ANC) / 50 min (with ANC)
The Nothing ear (1) is priced at Rs. 5999 and will be available from Flipkart in India starting from August 17th. It will also be available in US, Europe and UK, priced at $99, €99 and £99, respectively.
Commenting on the launch, Carl Pei, CEO and Co-founder of Nothing, said:
Nothing ear (1) is a breath of fresh air in a cluttered and indifferent market, setting the tone for our connected digital world to come. It marries advanced technology, precise engineering, and groundbreaking design at an unbelievable price.