Following the Motorola Edge 20 series that was released back in July, the company is preparing to launch the Edge 30 series soon. Motorola has already confirmed the name Edge X for its flagship, which is said to be powered by Snapdragon 898 SoC. Now the specifications of the phone have come up.
Furthermore, the phone’s internal name is “Rogue”, and the codename is “HiPhi”. The model number is “XT-2201”. Although the display is expected to be similar, it has a 50MP wide, 50MP Ultra-Wide + 2MP depth sensor with OIS. And according to the leak, there is no telephoto camera. It also features a 60MP front camera for the first time in a smartphone.
Additionally, it is also said to have a large 5000mAh battery with 68W fast charging. Which will allow you to charge up to 50% in 15 minutes and 100% in 35 minutes. However, the smartphone will not support wireless charging. The device is expected to show a build consisting of a mixture of glass and plastic
Motorola edge X / edge 30 Ultra rumoured specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 144Hz display, HDR10+, 10-bit colour, DCI-P3 colour space
- Octa Core Snapdragon 898 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with OV50A sensor, OIS, 50MP ultra-wide camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, macro mode, 2MP OV02B1B sensor
- 60MP front camera, 4K video recording
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio
- Google Assistant button (Global version only)
- Weight: 200g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 68W fast charging
Finally, the Motorola edge X is expected to be introduced in China in December, and the global launch is expected in January 2022 as edge 30 Ultra. We can also expect the edge 30 and possibly an edge 30 Lite as well in the series. We still don’t have the renders yet, which we can expect in the coming days.