Facebook Protect, a security program for groups of people most likely to be targeted by malicious hackers. And it is now being unfold in 50 countries, including the United States, India and Portugal and some others.
Moreover, Meta try out Facebook Protect in 2018 and expanded it before the 2020 US election. The company began expanding the program again in September this year.
Since then, more than 1.5 million accounts have enabled it. And, about 950K accounts have been register in the new two-factor authentication.
What is Facebook Protect?
It is a security program that helps high-target accounts like human rights defenders, journalists, and government officials adopt stronger security protections by simplifying security features such as two-factor authentication.
It also provides additional security protections for people’s accounts and Pages, including monitoring for potential hacking threats.
How to turn on?
Follow the below steps:
- Click the Settings icon in the top right of Facebook.
- After that Click Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Security and login.
- Under Facebook Protect, click Get Start.
- On the welcome display, click Next.
- On the benefits display, click Next.
- Facebook will scan your account for potential vulnerabilities and make suggestions on what to fix as you turn on it.
- Click Fix Now and follow the on-screen instructions to finish turning on Facebook Protect.