The use of Emoji as your Apple ID profile image is exiting and gives you the option to stop your real face from appearing anywhere. However, this change in your profile picture is synced across all devices where you are using your Apple ID.
What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID provides you access to turn to the iTunes store, the app store, Apple books, iCloud, FaceTime, and other services.
It consists of an email address and a password. Apple recommends you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services.
Moreover, before you start, you’ll need to create a Emoji and Animoji on an iPhone or iPad if you haven’t already.
Only then can you proceed to use Emoji as the profile picture of your Apple ID.
How to set Memoji on iPhone or iPad:
- After creating the memo, open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone or iPad and go to the ‘Messages’ section.
- Select ‘Share name and photo’
- You will see your Apple ID profile with existing photos
- Turn on toggle for ‘Name and photo sharing’ if it is off
- Under ‘Automatically share’, if you want to automatically share your new photo with your contacts, select ‘Only contacts’ and tap on ‘Add photo’.
- Under the ‘Memoji’ section, select Memoji or tap ‘View More’ to see more options
- Once you’ve selected the memo, you can set the emotion to appear in the Apple ID as well.
- You can also choose one of the existing options or create a new one.
- Select ‘Next’ after you select one
- Use the pinch to zoom in on the screen to match the size of the memo to the circle
- Press ‘Select’ in the bottom right corner
- Choose a background color around your memo and tap ‘Done’
- Tap ‘Done’ again to finalize all changes
- Select ‘Use’ when you see the ‘Use This Photo Everywhere’ prompt
- Now you can open the app in ‘Settings’ and also your Apple ID will appear under the search bar as your Apple ID profile picture.
How to set Memoji as your Apple ID picture on Mac
- Open Command + Space to start Spotlight and type ‘System Preference’ to open ‘System and Preferences’ on your Mac.
- Click on your profile photo in the upper-left corner of the ‘System and Preference’ window
- Select the Memoji section
- From the Memoji tab, select Memoji
- Click on the ‘Pause’ tab to adjust her pose and see the preview in the bottom-left corner.
- Finally, click on the ‘Style’ tab to add a background to the memoHit the ‘Save’ button to apply all the changes