Along with the new iPad, Apple also update its iPad mini with various upgrades. Firstly, the new iPad mini comes with a larger 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display with narrow borders compared to the 7.9-inch display in the predecessor. Additionally, it has 500 nits of brightness, P3 wide color gamut, anti-reflective screen coating, True Tone, and full lamination. It is powered by A15 Bionic chip, the same chip that powers the iPhone 13 series.
Also, the 6-core CPU assure 40% performance improvements, and the 5-core GPU promises an 80% leap in graphics performance compared to the previous generation of iPad mini with an A12 Bionic chip. Moreover, the iPadOS 15 with support has Centre Stage that detects people and moves the frame to follow them. This works in FaceTime, Zoom, and other video apps. There is a 12MP rear camera with Focus Pixels and True Tone Flash.
Furthermore, the iPad mini now supports Apple Pencil (2nd generation), which attaches magnetically to iPad mini for wireless charging and pairing. There is also landscape stereo speakers. It comes with an updated 12MP ultra-wide camera, and comes with 5G option, Wi-Fi 6 and a USB-C port for up to 5Gbps data transfer, and option to connect USB-C accessories, for the first time in an iPad mini. Also read : Apple & Intel start testing chip designs with TSMC’s 3nm technology.
IPad Mini Specifications
- 8.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology. Additionally, it has includes Wide color display (P3), True Tone display, Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, Fully laminated display, Antireflective coating, 1.8% reflectivity, 500 nits brightness, Supports Apple Pencil (1st generation)
- Powered by iPadOS 15 operating system with A15 Bionic chip with 64‑bit architecture with 6-core CPU, 5-core graphics, and 16-core Neural Engine
- Color : Space Gray, Pink, Purple, Starlight
- 12MP Wide camera, ƒ/1.8 aperture, Digital zoom up to 5x, Five-element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, Panorama (up to 63MP), Smart HDR 3, Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos, Advanced red-eye correction, Photo geotagging, Auto image stabilization, Burst mode, Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
- 12MP Ultra Wide front camera, 122° field of view ƒ/2.4 aperture, Smart HDR 3, 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps, Time‑lapse video with stabilization, Extended dynamic range for video up to 30 fps, Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p), Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos, Lens correction, Retina Flash, Auto image stabilization, Burst mode
- 64 GB / 256 GB internal storage capacity.
- Nano Sim
- Stereo speakers (landscape)
- Dimensions: 195.4x 134.8x 6.3 mm and Weight 293 g
- 5G NR (Bands n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n29, n30, n38, n40, n41, n48, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79)4 , FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71), TD-LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48), UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 technology, USB-C port connectivity.
- Built-in 19.1-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. Up to 10 hours of surﬁng the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music. Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- FaceTime video: iPad to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi‑Fi or cellular
- FaceTime audio: iPad to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi‑Fi or cellular
Pricing and availability
The new iPad mini 64GB Wi-Fi model starts at Rs. 46900, and the 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at Rs. 60900. Apple Pencil (2nd generation) costs Rs. 10900 and the new Smart Folio for iPad mini is priced at Rs. 5500.
The new iPad mini is available to order beginning today on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the US, with availability beginning Friday, September 24. Also read : Apple may launch iPad with bigger displays in the near future