Apple just launched new iPad (9th Gen) at its event as count on. It comes with a 10.2-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with upgraded ambient light sensor that sanction True Tone. Which adjusts display content to the color temperature of a room. Additionally, it has the new A13 Bionic chip with 20% faster performance in CPU, GPU, and 64-bit architecture Neural Engine.
Moreover, it has support for Apple Pencil first gen, smart keyboard, has an upgraded 12MP ultra-wide camera, and comes with Gigabit LTE option as well. Also, it is up to 3x faster than top-selling Chromebook and 6x faster than top-selling Android tablets. Also read : Apple releases iOS 15 beta 4 and iPadOS 15 beta 4 to developers
Furthermore, it comes with iPadOS 15 with support for Centre Stage that detects people and moves the frame to follow them. This works in FaceTime, Zoom, and other video apps. However, it still has the Touch ID embedded into the home button. Also read : Apple Releases iOS 14.7.1, iPadOS 14.7.1, macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 Updates With analytic Bug Fixes: How to Update
IPad (9th Gen) Specifications
- 10.2-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology. Additionally, the phone includes a 2160 x 1620-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi), True Tone display, 500 nits brightness, Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating and Supports Apple Pencil (1st generation).
- IPadOS 15 Operating system with A13 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture Neural Engine.
- 64GB and 256GB Capacity.
- Nano‑SIM (supports Apple SIM6)
- Dimension: 250.6x 174.1x 7.5 mm and Weight 487 g
- 3.5 mm Audio jack, Stereo Speakers and Smart connectors.
- 8MP Wide camera,ƒ/2.4 aperture, Digital zoom up to 5x, Five-element lens, Panorama (up to 43MP), HDR for photos, Photo geotagging, Auto image stabilization, Burst mode
- 12MP Ultra-Wide camera, 122° field of view ƒ/2.4 aperture, HDR for photos , 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps, Time‑lapse video with stabilization, Extended dynamic range for video up to 30 fps, Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p), Lens correction, Retina Flash, Auto image stabilization, Burst mode.
- Dual microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording
- Built-in GPS/GNSS, Cellular, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO and Bluetooth 4.2 technology.
- Built‐in 32.4‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery. Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‐Fi or watching video. Charging via power adapter or USB-C to computer system.
- Accessibility features includes: VoiceOver, Voice Control, Zoom, Magnifier, RTT and TTY support, Siri and Dictation, Type to Siri, Switch Control, Closed Captions, AssistiveTouch, Spoken Content
Pricing and availability
The new iPad 64GB Wi-Fi model starts at Rs. 30900, and the 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at Rs. 42900. Apple Pencil (1st generation) costs Rs. 8500 and the Smart Keyboard for iPad is available for Rs. 13900.
Last but not least, the new iPad is available to order beginning today on apple.com/store and also in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the US, with availability beginning Friday, September 24.